Whenever one thinks of gorgeous looking lips, Angelina Jolie comes into mind. The A class celebrity of course is not only known for her outstanding lips but overall outstanding beauty and acting skill.
Her beautiful lips with smoldering eyes place her as one of the most attractive A list actress despite stiff competition from many younger beautiful actresses.
It has been known for centuries that beauty follows closely the Golden Ratio or the Divine proportion known as Phi (1.618). In aesthetic medicine, the Golden ratio is followed to enhance women’s beauty.
So do your lips measures up to the Golden ratio?
Here are a few simple measurements you can take and the eight characteristics that define a beautiful attractive lips:
1) According to the Golden Ratio, the width of the face on a frontal view ideally should be 1.618 of the length of the lips.
2) The width of the lower lip should be 1.618 to the upper lip.
3) The length of half of lips is also 1.618 to the width of the Cupid’s bow.
4) The Cupids bow is prominent with a well define philtrum
5) The border of the lips is well defined
6) There is a slight curve upwards of the side of the lips which will give a nice pleasant subtle smile.
7) The lips itself is moist, plump and has a healthy pink appearance.
8) The upper lip and lower lip should be the same length.
In aesthetics treatment, hyaluronic acid fillers are used to shape and increase the volume of the lips. As we age, the lips becomes thinner and the side curve downwards giving an old tense dour look. Fillers treatment for the lips can restore the youthful, cheerful and healthy look. This is a very popular treatment also among young women for enhancement as the effect is very dramatic. After all, Angelina Jolie’s smoldering eyes will not be so alluring without her complementary luscious lips.
Dr Terence Teoh
MBBS (S’pore), FAM (S’pore)
Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM)