Body hair for females is a barrier to their attractive appearance. Shaving after every week sucks. Even full body wax does not take less than 2 to 3 hours. The repetitive need for waxing, shaving, and plucking after a few days creates trouble. So why not think about laser hair removal?
Why Choose the Laser Hair Removal Technique?
Why spend your time and money on hair removal products and temporary procedures when you have the choice to go for a permanent solution?
The laser hair removal technique aims to remove unwanted hair permanently. It’s commonly applied to legs, armpits, upper lip, chin, and bikini lines. Mostly we avoid Its use for eyelids and surrounding areas, as these are highly sensitive. The laser hair removal technique is widely adopted because of its benefits for the sake of removing hair for a long time.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- The Accuracy Laser technique only works on the targeted area with a precision that is the dark, coarse hair and leaves the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Long-lasting: The results of laser hair removal are durable. Even people also have permanent hair loss after three to seven sessions.
- Time-saving: Laser hair removal takes a fraction of a second for removing hair from an area. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
Preparation before going through laser hair removal
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that needs some important measures before the procedure. You must check the specialties and years of working for your laser treatment provider.
Likewise, your skin consultant and laser treatment provider review your medical history to assess the history of skin diseases. Moreover, they will brief you about the procedure, recovery time, post-treatment care, and risks.
If you make up your mind to laser hair removal, then you must limit waxing, plucking, and electrolysis for six weeks before treatment. It is due to the reason that laser targets the root of hair and waxing and plucking temporarily removes the hair root
Likewise, You must avoid sun exposure for six weeks before and after the procedure. Sun exposure may cause problems after the treatment and makes laser hair removal less effective.
What to Expect During the Procedure?
Before the start of the procedure, your hair that will be going through treatment will be trimmed to a few millimeters above the skin surface. It is followed by topical application of numbing cream to help with the sting of laser pulses. The laser apparatus will be adjusted corresponding to the color, thickness, and area of your hair being treated as well as your skin color.
Your technician will ask you to wear appropriate eye protection. The technician will start the procedure by a pulse of light to a small area and observe it for several minutes to check for adverse reactions.
After the completion of the procedure, the technician will provide you with ice packs to ease any discomfort. The treatment will schedule again after four to six weeks and continue until the permanent loss of hair growth.
The laser hair removal technique does not remove hair immediately. It takes days to weeks to shed hair completely. That’s why it is necessary to take repeated treatment as suggested by your dermatologist. An unusual gap between treatment sessions may disturb the efficacy because hair growth and loss occur naturally in the cycle. The goal of the laser technique is not to remove the roots of pre-existing hair, but also to stop the growth of new hair follicles for a permanent solution.
- Avoid sun exposure: Sun exposure to laser-treated skin may cause unwanted reactions like skin irritation or skin tan.
- Use prescribed products: If your doctor suggests any product like soothing lotion, then do not forget to use it on the treated skin area.
- Do not try new products: Your skin wants some rest of approx 1 to 2 weeks just after being treated by laser, so do not apply new products on the skin just for trials. It may damage the skin and trouble you.
- Avoid Gym: You must avoid gym and sports because the heat of laser in skin pores becomes a good ground for bacteria. Resuming your sports activities right after laser treatment may lead to bacterial or fungal skin infections over the treated area.
Possible Side Effects of Laser Hair Removal
Some rare side effects can be observed due to different skin types. Also, negligence to pre-treatment and post-treatment care can bring few side effects.
- Change in pigments: Laser hair removal may turn the treated skin lighter or darker. This change may be temporary or permanent. It happens with people who do not avoid sun exposure after treatment.
- Skin Irritation: There are some temporary signs and symptoms of skin irritation like redness, swelling, and discomfort. These all problems resolve by themselves within several hours after the procedure.
Facts About Laser Hair Treatment
1. Preferred for All skin Tones
Fortunately, lasers target the pigment of shin hair not the pigment of skin, therefore it is equally effective for skin tones. However, ultra-sensitive skin needs some more care and preventive measures to avoid any uncomfortable consequences.
2. The Process is not Pain-free
Laser techniques for skin rejuvenation are mostly painless but laser hair removal is not pain-free as it targets your hair follicles. It doesn’t mean that you feel so much pain that it makes you scream. Just relax. You feel a minor sensation of pain and heat on your skin. It will vanish soon.
3. It is Time to Change Your Skincare Products
Laser hair removal may bring slight changes to skin tone and texture. You may need an extra moisturizer to combat skin dryness due to laser heat. You must avoid the use of scrubs, glycolic acids, and retinol creams 2 days before and after treatment.
Before You Leave
Laser hair removal is a safe technique and long-lasting solution for unwanted body hair. You do not need to worry about the risk factors and side effects as they are minor and do not create a troubling situation. Stay in touch with your dermatologist and follow the planned schedule for getting the amazing benefits of laser hair removal treatment.